'Nectar' Spiritile - "Life is the flower for which love is the honey." - Victor Hugo
Spring parallels so well with the concept of love. You've spent so many months in this dearth of winter, cold, feeling the wind blow through the bare trees and wondering when life will spring anew. With the oncoming bloom, warmth flows through and you establish that new connection, quickly growing a fragile sense of infatuation, afraid that with one strong storm the felicitous blossoms could be blown away. But warmth carries on. The rush of gathering sun carries your joyous feeling forward, propelling you into creating that honey with a smile and a lightness of heart as you look upon the face of your newfound love. And together, you spring forward into summer.
Houston Llew is an enameling artist of his own distinctive genre specializing in glass on copper artworks known as Spiritiles. In his kiln-hot Atlanta studio, each tile is made by hand using ground glass that is painted, then kiln-fired to copper and enveloped around a solid frame. Every Spiritile has its own story wrapped around the sides to match the iconic and inspiring moments drawn from life.
- molten glass on copper art
- handcrafted with love in Atlanta, Georgia
- the best gift for your self! (and those you love)
- full of cheerful, with a dash or two of inspiration
- happy on the wall or free standing, but happiest in groups
- Hang on wall or stand on a shelf
- Dimensions: 8 1/2" x 5 1/4" x 1 3/4"
PLEASE ALLOW 2 WEEKS FOR DELIVERY OF THIS ITEM